The role is split, with one aspect providing technical assistance on environmental aspects of projects and related activities in support of engineering and construction teams. It will require undertaking high level screening assessments of environmental risks across a broad range of projects in the water industry; leading on the collation and reporting of environmental data monthly; accessing and providing data searches to project teams to support project delivery; supporting a team of Environmental Specialists to develop and update guidance documents, deliver environmental training, and develop factsheets and other communications to drive improvement in both environmental management and sustainability.
The other aspect of the role will focus on supporting in undertaking ecological surveys; managing field data; supporting in the write up of technical reports; and working as an Ecological Clerk of Work.
The role will suit dynamic, proactive individuals who want to work in a growth area of our business and help support the delivery of environmental and ecological services in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment.
- Degree qualified in environmental/ecology related subject;
- Knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills
- Experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports;
- A keen interest in the water industry, the environment and ecology;
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong team player who is self-motivated;
- Ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines;
- Ability to lead by example and to own issues.
At Mott MacDonald Bentley you will be offered a competitive salary which is commensurate based on your experience. Our core benefits include:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- Life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual professional institution subscription costs
- Flexible benefits to suit you, including cycle to work scheme and interest free season ticket loans
This is a Mott MacDonald Bentley role, employed by Mott MacDonald.
Mott MacDonald Bentley is a joint venture business, established in 1999 between civil engineering contractor JN Bentley and global management consultancy, Mott MacDonald.
Mott MacDonald Bentley offers fully integrated design and build services to its clients, combining the contracting expertise of JN Bentley and the design specialisms of Mott MacDonald.
This role is employed by Mott MacDonald but will involve working across the joint venture business, both with Mott MacDonald and JN Bentley colleagues.
About Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald is a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management or equivalent (or working towards this)
- Experience in undertaking environmental/ecology surveys
- Working towards a Personal conservation licence for at least one protected species
- Experience of undertaking Ecological Clerk of Works roles.
- Willingness to mentor more junior staff