Within this expanding ecology team, you will have lots of scope to shape the projects that you work on, with considerable project management responsibilities supported by the team lead. The team offers something different – you will be working on a diverse portfolio of projects including habitat management plans, biodiversity strategy and enhancement and renewable energy projects in the UK and further afield!
In this role, you will be surveying and mitigating works regarding protected species as well as undertaking and writing scoping, Phase 1 habitat reports and developing ecological management plans for planning. If you have a passion for ecology, GIS or conservation and have demonstrable ecological experience within a consultancy environment then we’d love to hear from you.
Qualifications / Experience:
The Successful Ecologist will have:
- An appropriate degree(s)
- Associate IEEM Membership
- Competency in the survey of one or more key protected species: great crested newts, badgers, reptiles, dormice, water voles, birds
- Demonstrable relevant work experience covering Phase 1 and habitat surveys, EIA
- Proven report writing capabilities including Phase 1 survey reports, protected species survey reports
- Project management experience including proven commercial skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ideally with GIS or quantative data analysis background
- Full clean driving licence
- Holder of at least one EPS license (Preferably GCN) Card
This is an exciting time to join an expanding and forward thinking team. In return for your efforts, our client is offering a competitive salary in addition to a friendly and supportive working environment as well as very tangible opportunities for progression.