Passionate about ecology? Want to be part of a multi-disciplinary team? Looking for the opportunity to manage your own projects?
We are looking for ecologists who have the confidence to liaise with clients & stakeholders , capable of leading field surveys and a desire to manage their own projects . The ability to deliver multiple high quality within fixed deadlines is an essential requirement of the role. Experience of authoring technical ecological reports would also be a distinct advantage.
Being a consultancy with over 1,600 staff, we are large enough to work on high-profile schemes across the Midlands, including the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham and the ‘ Our City Our River’ flood defence scheme in Derby. In addition, we work on a variety of residential, mineral and defence-sector schemes across the Midlands.
Our national team has doubled in size over the last five years and we continue to go from strength to strength. As such, we are looking to recruit an Ecologist (grade based on experience) to support our growing business opportunities in the Midlands. We are particularly keen to hear from full (or eligible) members of CIEEM and especially holders of a bat licence. Experience of planning & overseeing EPS-licenced works would also be highly beneficial.
Region UK Job type Ecology Location Leicester Discipline Environmental Fixed term No Ref No 12257
As Experienced Ecologists Ourselves, We Understand How Ecologists Think And Work And Have Introduced Ecology-specific Methods To Allow The Team To Fulfil Their Potential
- With nearly 60 permanent ecologists across 12 offices , we work hard to operate as one cohesive team to minimise your time away from home.
- We utilise bespoke training and support from our in-house experts regardless of location – allowing the best people to work on the projects that interest them so they are delivered to the highest standards.
- We encourage the development of well-rounded ecologists who can talk about all stages of a project rather than just one niche area. We encourage diversification of skills and the passing-on of knowledge to the rest of the team. We recently held our annual all-ecology get together over two days where our experts provided training, including out in the field, on tree assessments for bats an introduction to thermal imaging, to name but a few.
- Given that all grades of ecologist complete site visits and meetings, we provide cars or car allowances to every member of the team , including for personal use.
- Our Class 2 bat licence incentivisation scheme rewards those ecologists who have spent time and effort in achieving their handling licence – we know it’s not easy! And to show our support for personal development, we award a significant financial bonus to anyone achieving Chartered Environmentalist status through CIEEM.
- We have an established Time Off In Lieu system which allows ecologists to manage their time throughout the year, to suit their specific needs, alongside the seasonal demands of the role. Working on night-time surveys isn’t easy, so we allow people to work as flexibly as possible to try and maintain the right balance.
- We work alongside many other teams including Planners, Landscape Architects, Archaeologists and Engineers and with a culture of openness, there is always someone within the business who can provide advice and support for almost any query.
If the timing’s not quite right for you, please do still get in touch, as w e are focused on recruiting the best ecologists so are happy to discuss flexible working patterns, including part-time or fixed-term contracts, with the right candidate.