These roles will suit dynamic, proactive individuals who want to work in a growth area of our business and help support the delivery of ecological services in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment.
Contract Type: Permanent
Work Pattern: Full time, Part time
Job Ref: 42181BR
Recognised 2:1 degree in a biological, science or related degree
- At least an full member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- Ability to competently undertake and lead Extended phase 1 surveys and writing of Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA) reports to standard CIEEM guidelines
- Ability to carry out protected species surveys
- Strong report writing skills, attention to detail and ability to write concise reports
- Relevant consultancy experience
- Knowledge of wildlife legislation, including planning process and EIA assessments
- Personal Natural England conservation licence for at least one protected species
- Experience of leading survey teams in the field
- Track record of mentoring and developing junior staff members
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, make robust, defensible decisions and work to tight deadlines to meet client needs
- Full, clean driving licence and willingness to travel and undertake fieldwork in the UK and internationally
- Flexible approach to working day to fit in with the patterns as required of an Ecologist
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at [email protected] and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
This mix of opportunity will give you the opportunity to develop in new ways, and you will be part helping us achieve our growth and realise your potential.
You will also be part of our Leeds office community, an increasingly diverse work place that brings together professionals from across disciplines to develop client and people centred solutions to the problems we face, with a focus on integrity and honesty in everything we do.
If you are looking for variety, want to be part of a company that is changing but values its people, that provides opportunities for social and career development then we would like to hear from you.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here