Join us, we’re an Investors in People Gold Standard Company.
Ground Control’s Ecology department has a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and commercially minded Ecologist to join their expanding team. This is a great role for an existing Ecologist who wants to expand their skills and move over to a forward thinking, environmentally focused business who have recently won the Pro Landscaper business award for the most Sustainable Company of 2021.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Undertaking surveys and watching briefs for a wide variety of projects
- Producing technical reports
- Providing verbal advice to contractors and project managers
- Producing fee quotations
- Liaising with clients and helping to build positive client relationships
- Supporting senior members of the team with administrative and commercial matters
- Identifying and proactively pursuing opportunities for self-development.
What we offer:
At Ground Control we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer a wide-ranging benefits programme inspiring you to realise your full potential:
- We have recently been rated 62nd in the Britain’s Best Company List for 2021
- We inclusively support ‘The Race at Work Charter’, ‘Ban the Box’, ‘The Armed Forces Covenant’ and are ‘Disability Confident’
- A supportive, entrepreneurial working environment that fosters collaboration
- We believe that ‘no job is too urgent or important not to be done safely’ and embed this Safety culture throughout the business
- Training, development, coaching and mentoring opportunities, with clear career path progression
- Match funding for employee fundraising and 2 personal choice volunteering days
- We invest 5% of our profits into the Evergreen Fund, an investment fund dedicated to sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- By 2025 we have committed to planting 1,000,000 trees, having a fully electric fleet, and being carbon neutral
- Cycle to work, Travel loans
- Bupa employee support & Free Flu Jab & subscriptions to an online GP service and
- Calm, the wellbeing app
How we work:
We put people at the centre of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome. We’re embracing a culture where difference is valued. Your uniqueness will be celebrated. We believe diversity grows innovation, and innovation creates initiative. Together we’ll succeed in caring for each other, caring for our communities and caring for our Environment. Together, we’re stronger.
Who are we looking for?
We would welcome applications from existing Ecologists with relevant practical experience within the industry. As a minimum you will hold an Associate level Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management as well as a relevant qualification and have at least one protected species licence. In addition, Personal Track Safety (PTS) accreditation will be required, although if you don’t already have this we can sponsor you to undertake the necessary training.
This role is field based so you can work from home as well as being regularly on site with particular support for our numerous rail contracts. Due to the distribution of work a good base location would be around Bristol, South Wales or Devon although we have a flexible attitude to location.
In addition you will:
- Be able to work under own initiative and be able to prioritise workloads
- Attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and plenty of initiative
- Will have detailed knowledge of relevant aspects of UK and EU environmental legislation and confidence when advising clients and contracting teams on wildlife issues
- Have excellent communication skills to allow effective liaison with planners, developers, professional advisors, contractors, landowners, the general public and other
- Be personable, a team player and experience with client interface
- Be in possession of a full UK driving license