We have an opportunity for a Ecologist/Consultant Ecologist to join our small friendly team in Sheffield. The practice is long standing and provides multi-disciplinary consultancy services including ecology, landscape and arboriculture.
The opportunity would be especially exciting for an enthusiastic and ambitious candidate as you would take a leading role on our existing ecology work, as well as the future growth of the ecology sector within the practice.
We have a wide variety of projects at nationwide locations and our focus is to provide a joined up service incorporating ecology, landscape and arboriculture, from project inception, through planning and delivery on site.
We are seeking an individual with strong technical knowledge and practical experience of delivering surveys, assessments and mitigation.
You would assist the ecological aspects of numerous projects within the office and your duties would include:
- Preparation of fee quotes and tenders
- Scoping surveys, Phase 1/UK Habs Assessment, Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, EcIA’s,
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Leading protected species surveys, mitigation plans and management plans
Applicants should have the following experience/qualifications:
- Previous professional consultancy experience
- Protected species survey Licence(s) e.g. Bat or GCN would be advantageous
- Qualifying/Graduate membership of CIEEM. Associate membership would be advantageous
- Full driving licence
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic individual with exceptional communication skills, the ability to fit into our friendly and hardworking team, and the ambition to drive the ecology department forwards within the practice.
We would also consider applications for a flexible part-time position or Consultant, so please get in touch.
To apply please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org sending a CV and covering letter.
Applications by 16th April 2021. Earlier applications encouraged.
No third parties or agencies.