RPS Group Plc is a FTSE listed company, headquartered in the UK and is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies. RPS employs over 5,500 staff based in 115 major towns and cities. With 20 years’ experience RPS provides cost-effective and practical ecological solutions for all types of development, whether terrestrial, aquatic, coastal or marine.
From resolving bat issues in individual homes to delivering all ecological surveys for large-scale complex commercial developments including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIP), we undertake all aspects of ecological consultancy, to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and statutory requirements.
We are looking for an experienced Consultant Ecologist to win and then manage projects and coordinate survey and assessment tasks within our Cardiff office.
• Assisting the Principal Ecologist by undertaking a wide range of project tasks as and when required.
• Undertaking general ecological appraisals, protected species surveys, mitigation design and construction and post-construction supervision and monitoring.
• Managing the project work within the office, particularly technical assessments and reporting outputs, together with establishing and the maintaining ongoing client relationships.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
• CIEEM membership (Associate / Full)
• At least two – five years’ experience working in ecological consultancy;
• Ability to plan and undertake habitat surveys to a high standard and to identify indicator plant species and habitat types;
• Full knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation and best practice survey techniques;
• Full driving licence
• ECoW experience on major projects;
• Experience of preparing and implementing EPS and other licence applications;
• Experienced bat licensed consultant (Class 1 or preferably 2)
• 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
• Option to purchase up to 5 extra annual leave days per year
• Private pension scheme
• Group disability scheme
• Life assurance
• Share incentive scheme