£24,000 – £28,000 dependent on experience
Do you want to:
- Further develop your track record in ecology?
- Get great experience of some interesting and unusual projects?
- Help make a difference by better understanding and evidencing the state of our environment?
- Work in an entrepreneurial, growing company and help it grow?
We would like you to have some or all of the following:
- NRW survey licence to disturb bats
- NE Class Licence CL18 / Level 2 accepted, along with willingness to apply for NRW licence
- A handling endorsement is desirable but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of field ecology with specific expertise in bat surveying
- Graduate or postgraduate degree in ecology, environmental management or related subject
- Some project management skills for small-scale projects
- Some experience of advising clients and other technical teams on bat ecology and relevant legislation
- Be able to produce survey reports, method statements other documents to a high standard
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in Wales and the UK
- Be located in the Aberystwyth or north Ceredigion area, or be willing to make the move to this beautiful area of the country (we can see the sea from our office!), and
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport.
If so, Environment Systems would like to hear from you! We are seeking a highly motivated mid-career ecologist who is looking to grow their track record, manage their own workload and be part of a small, close-knit team within a larger company. You will also be involved in other survey work such as habitat/Phase 1/NVC, great crested newt, birds, otter and water vole, dormouse and badger, as well as other environmental projects within the company.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the natural environment and sustainability, with good problem-solving skills to get the best for biodiversity.
At present, we offer support to work from home as well as providing hot-desk facilities in our Aberystwyth office, for those that would like to use them. Equipment will be provided to you to enable you to work from home, if required. We would like you to be located in the general area (or willing to relocate) due to the high amount of survey work here.
Competitive salary package to be negotiated on the basis of qualifications and experience, and will form part of a benefits package, including: pension contribution; 20 days’ annual leave allowance (plus bank holidays); paid sick leave, death in service benefit.
Application is by short (two pages maximum) CV and covering letter emailed to email@example.com by 12pm Friday 12th November. The covering letter should outline the reasons why you consider yourself to be suitable for this position and give concise examples on how your experience qualifies you for this role.
You are only eligible to apply for this position if you currently have a right to work in the UK.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE