Established in 2016, Via East Midlands provides engineering design construction and network management services across Nottinghamshire and beyond, with a focus in the East Midlands. Via’s Consultancy Division provides engineering design and environmental services to support its Highways function and increasingly across a wide range of sectors.
Via Consultancy has a core team of environmental specialists which it is seeking to grow in response to internal and external demand for these services. These will help support the delivery of our existing programme and develop further our ambition to strengthen our offer as a stand-alone environmental service.
About the post
As our new Consultant Ecologist, you will join our established team of environmental specialists with Via’s Consultancy Division. Project work will be varied in scope and scale ranging from highways infrastructure projects to flood alleviation and development projects. The role will include the provision of ecological survey and reporting, design and delivery of ecological mitigation, provision of ecological advice. You will also have the chance to help shape the growth of ecological service within the organisation.
This varied role offers the opportunity to grow and develop, with learning opportunities both within and outside the organisation. We offer attractive benefits including flexible working, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme.
Your key tasks will be:
- Undertaking environmental surveys and producing high quality reports including habitat and species surveys
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities
- Client liaison
- Delivering technical work on complex projects.
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Full CIEEM Membership or be eligible
- Accomplished and broad background in ecological survey and assessment
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in an ecologically focused role
- Hold a Protected Species Licence (Bats, Badgers, GCN)
- Proven experience of undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and producing high quality Ecological Impact Assessments and other technical reports
- Knowledge and experience of working in an advisory capacity on construction projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
- Good understanding of Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Experience of project co-ordination, budget management and Health and Safety risk management
- A full driving licence
Additional useful requirements:
- CSCS card holder
- Hold a level 2 Natural England Bat Licence
- Hold a Natural England protected species licence in addition to bats
- Experience of working as Ecological Clerk of Works
- GIS Capability
Job Title: Ecological Consultant
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
Location: West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire
Hours: 37 hours per week
If you would like to be considered, please send your cv and letter of application to [email protected] by Friday 13th March 2020.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact David Collins 0115 9774460 or email [email protected]