Are you an ecological consultant with prior experience in commercial consultancy? If you are experienced in producing high quality ecological reports and are self-motivated, organised, with excellent client communication and project management skills, come and join our growing team!
We are looking for experienced ecological consultants to join our new Consultancy Team. We are looking for enthusiastic and hard-working ecological consultants who are keen to learn new skills and assist with quote preparation, report writing and management of small to medium sized projects. The Consultancy team focusses primarily on desk based work, on providing strategic advice and complex ecological assessments and plans for clients Key areas of work include Habitat Regulation Assessment, Ecology EIA work (e.g. ES Chapter production and review), Biodiversity Net Gain calculations and strategies, Ecological Enhancement and Management plans and BREEAM assessments.
Suitable candidates will have project management skills, as well as being technically competent, with good knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques. Outputs are expected to be high quality, on time and within budget. As with all consultancy work, you will need to be a professional with the ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive client relationships.
You may already be working at senior or principal level and looking for a fresh approach to ecological consultancy, with plenty of scope for development and progression, or be ready to take the step up from consultant ecologist to senior. At principal level, you’ll be confident in undertaking business development, preparing quotes and tenders, and building client relationships. You will be a technical expert and capable of writing accurate and concise reports. At senior level, you will be a competent project manager, leading mid to large scale projects from inception to completion, with some experience of winning work and developing your commercial skillset.
Successful candidates must
- have relevant and proven experience in a similar role, within a commercial ecological consultancy
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or related subject
- be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- be organised with experience of managing projects
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office-based staff
- be financially adept with the ability to manage budgets
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports, for example Habitat Regulations Assessments and Ecology ES Chapters
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
Ideally you will also
- have a proven work winning track record, experience of preparing bids and tenders and generating new business opportunities.
- have advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas as well as holding a protected species licence(s)
- full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
This is a permanent position within our growing Consultancy team which can be done remotely.
You’ll enjoy all the benefits Thomson have to offer, including EOT approved bonuses (after a qualifying period), 25 days annual leave, paid professional memberships, pension, flexible working, regular social events and career progression.