Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission-oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do. We employ around 100 staff and have offices in Bristol, London, Manchester, Brussels, Athens, New York and Auckland.
We are at the leading edge of a number of areas of environmental policy which are critical in the eyes of governments, and we punch well above our weight in terms of influence on public and private sector clients alike.
You will be involved in a range of activities including project management, bid management and client relationship management on projects. Typical projects will involve completing permit applications, site compliance reviews, desktop research and/or technical report writing. You will be involved in multiple projects at once. These may involve supporting local authorities or private clients with planning and permitting applications, undertaking site compliance reviews and feasibility studies, or developing operationally suitable site management systems and procedures for waste operations.
Location: Bristol, London or Manchester. Please specify any preference on your application form. Homeworking during the COVID-19 pandemic is permitted.
Hours of Work: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 09:00 – 18:00.
Start Date: As soon as possible. Please indicate your earliest possible start date on the application form.
You will be flexible and have a strong work ethic. You will feel comfortable simultaneously delivering a number of technical projects and bids under pressure. You will be motivated, highly organised, and share our commitment to a high quality of work. A personal interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
- At least three years’ experience of undertaking permitting/planning work for waste operations;
- Deep technical understanding of the waste permitting regime, including the process to be completed and experience of drafting the technical documentation to support applications for waste operations;
- Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including technical report writing; and
- Demonstrable experience of applying creative, practical, common sense thinking to solve real-world problems.
- Experience working within the consultancy business model, and of working on projects to time, budget and client satisfaction;
- Experience working with site operators to review existing operations and/or procedures, including propose solutions to implementing new site developments or improve site permitting compliance;
- Strong research & data analysis and synthesising skills; and • A demonstrable commitment to continuous learning and improvement so as to achieve high standards.
Bristol & Manchester based: £28,000 to £33,500 depending on qualifications and experience.
London based: Staff will receive an additional £3,000 in accordance with Eunomia’s London Weighting Allowance policy.
- Private Healthcare;
- Death in Service scheme.
- Group Pension;
- Income Protection Scheme (after completion of probationary period).
24 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 30 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com and must include the following:
- A formal covering letter should be submitted (maximum 2 pages of A4) addressed to Peter Jones summarising your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
- A completed application form which should be downloaded from http://www.eunomia.co.uk/about-us/working-eunomia/
- The deadline for applications is 12 noon, Monday 15th February ’21.
- First interviews will consist of a question & answer interview and will be held via videoconference the week commencing 15th February ’21.
- Second interviews will be at a date to be confirmed.
Hardcopy applications and CV-only applications will not be considered. If you do have any queries please submit these by email or phone to: firstname.lastname@example.org | 0117 917 2250
No agencies please.
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward. Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer. Company no. 4150627