We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Ecologist to join our team in Edinburgh. We’ve introduced our FlexWorks policy so you can work remotely 2-3 days a week when you’re not conducting surveys.
What does the role involve?
As an Ecologist you’ll have the opportunity to conduct both field and office work as well as deliver technical writing.
Role responsibilities may include:
- Liaison with project managers and clients on the delivery of ecological requirements within multi-disciplinary tenders and projects
- Undertake desk studies and site based preliminary ecological appraisals, including detailed habitat surveys to accurately describe and map habitats and assess their potential to support notable/protected species.
- Undertake analysis, evaluation, interpretation and presentation of ecological data,
- Technical report writing including production of preliminary ecological appraisal reports, ecological impact assessments, and protected species licence applications
- Performing the role of an Ecological Clerk of Works on construction projects
In return you’ll get to work on key projects, and we’ll provide the support and development you need as you work towards gaining licences to work with different protected species. We understand work life balance is important and will make sure you get time back in lieu for additional hours spent surveying during the season.
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Experience of working in an ecology-related job role
- A good understanding of UK survey methodology following relevant legislation, guidelines and best practice.
- Have a degree in Ecology, Environmental or Earth Sciences or a related discipline
- CIEEM membership (desirable)
- Protected species survey licence (desirable)
- ECoW experience (desirable)
- Current and full driving licence and willing to travel to sites
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work as ecology roles typically involve occasional longer and/or unsociable hours and a degree of working away from home
What’s in it for you?
You’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.