Quants Environmental Ltd is an Ecological and Arboricultural consultancy with an established broad range of clients, providing services across all sectors. Our interesting projects span the UK, but we are especially active throughout Yorkshire and the north of England. We are hard-working, friendly and always professional.
We are seeking an applied ecologist at Consultant level, who will complement our existing experienced team. The new team member will be involved in all stages of projects from tendering through to completion and will have the knowledge and experience to undertake small to medium sized projects, with guidance. A broad and solid foundation of terrestrial applied ecological practice is essential, with significant ‘boots on the ground’ expertise in habitat and faunal species fieldwork. In addition, the ideal candidate will be interested in bat species and may be working towards a Class 1 Bat Licence. Experienced senior staff are on hand for mentoring in this area.
Salary commensurate with skills and experience
We are keen to hear from people who are ready to take the next step forward in their careers. The role will suit ecologists who wish to continue developing expertise in fieldwork, whilst furthering their project management skills. Our preferred candidate will have the desirable blend of sound technical knowledge, effective communication skills and an excellent understanding of client requirements.
- A good degree in ecology or closely related subject
- Minimum 2 years ecology consultancy work experience
- Broad and solid knowledge of terrestrial applied ecology
- Working knowledge of protected species surveys, mitigation and licensing
- An understanding of UK wildlife legislation and policy
- A personable nature with the ability to communicate effectively, build good relationships with clients and work comfortably as part of a larger team
- The ability to produce concise, high quality written reports
- Full UK driving licence and own car for work use
- Membership of CIEEM
- Currently working towards obtaining a Bat Licence, or interest in developing knowledge and skills in this area through Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
As a Company, we understand that our staff are our greatest asset and we fully support the advancement of knowledge and understanding through CPD. We also offer 21 days’ annual holiday (plus bank holidays), paid professional memberships, a contributory pension scheme, a generous mileage allowance and opportunities for flexible working. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Quants Environmental is a CIEEM Registered Practice.
Please email your CV, together with a covering letter addressed to Andrew Westgarth (Managing Director) to: email@example.com
Initial enquiries are welcome by telephone to Andrew Westgarth 01765 600 799