We are a major employer in Nottinghamshire with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff based at a number of different locations throughout the county.
Our roles include highway maintenance, electrical works, mechanics, construction, forestry, road safety, traffic signals, civil engineering and much more. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus and we are passionate about innovation, creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands.
Via Consultancy has a core team of environmental specialists which it is seeking to grow in response to internal and external demand for these services. These will help support the delivery of our existing programme and develop further our ambition to strengthen our offer as a stand-alone environmental service.
As our new Consultant Ecologist you will join our established team of environmental specialists. Project work will be varied in scope and scale ranging from highways infrastructure projects such as the construction of the new Gedling Access Road to flood alleviation and development projects. The role will include the provision of ecological survey and reporting, design and delivery of ecological mitigation, provision of ecological advice. You will also have the chance to help shape the growth of ecological service within the organisation.
This varied role offers the opportunity to grow and develop, with learning opportunities both within and outside the organisation. We offer attractive benefits including flexible working, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme.
Key tasks for the role are:
- Undertaking environmental surveys and producing high quality reports including habitat and species surveys
- Undertaking ecological mitigation design and delivery (including Ecological Clerk of Works role)
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities
- Client liaison
- Delivering technical work on complex projects
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Full CIEEM Membership or be eligible
- Accomplished and broad background in ecological survey and assessment
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in an ecologically focused role
- Hold a level 1 Natural England Bat Licence
- Proven experience of working as Ecological Clerk or Works
- Proven experience of undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and producing high quality Ecological Impact Assessments and other technical reports
- Knowledge and experience of working in an advisory capacity on largescale construction projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation, policy and guidance
- Good understanding of Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Experience of project co-ordination, budget management and Health and Safety risk management
- A full driving licence
Additional useful requirements:
- CSCS card holder
- Hold a minimum level 2 Natural England Bat Licence
- Hold a Natural England protected species licence in addition to bats
If you think this role is for you, we would love to hear from you!
If you would like to have informal discussion about this position, please contact Cathy Gillespie on 0115 9772064