As a commercial subsidiary of Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, we see conservation as a core value. When delivering our clients’ projects and objectives, we look for biodiversity net-gain wherever possible and deliver innovative solutions.
We are seeking an individual with the relevant level of consultancy experience and associated protected species licences who should have the following:
- A good working knowledge of current legislation, policy and industry best practice;
- Excellent communication, project management and organisational skills
- A competent bat surveyor (ideally Natural England Class 2, but class 1 applications welcomed)
- Full driving licence
Applicants with experience of bat surveys, bat mitigation design and writing technical reports ideally with the experience in being the Named Ecologist on Natural England EPS bat mitigation licence applications will be advantageous.
Benefits of working for us
- We are a close-knit, friendly and supportive team, with a relaxed office atmosphere.
- The majority of our projects are within an hour of our office, and as such over-night stays are typically infrequent.
- You will be involved throughout the project lifecycle – tendering, client liaison, surveying, reporting and monitoring.
- External and internal training, to enhance your knowledge and progress your career
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Pension scheme with 8% contribution from EMEC
- Health payment plan
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Flexible working options and a healthy work-life balance encouraged
This role may be offered on a full or part time basis.
This vacancy may close early if we receive a high volume of applicants or when filled, so do not delay your application.
More information on EMEC and this specific role is available at emec-ecology.co.uk/careers