Ecosulis are currently looking for ambitious and passionate ecological consultants to join our ecology team based in the South of England. Successful candidates will have experience within the ecology sector with a minimum of two years’ experience working across a wide range of projects. Previous experience in conducting surveys and Ecological Clerk of Works would be advantageous.
Roles and responsibilities to include:
- Undertaking ecological mitigation.
- Undertaking a wide range of fieldwork and a variety of ecological surveys.
- Compiling, analysing, and interpreting survey data.
- Producing and contributing to technical reports.
- Assisting with any other ad hoc duties as provided by the ecology team.
Ecosulis specialise in technology-powered nature restoration for people, planet, and progress. We’re making rewilding commercially viable to accelerate the vision of a recoverable earth within our lifetime. Our experts advise and deliver landscape-scale habitat restoration projects across the UK, while our practical ecologists work in collaboration with many major contractors. We also have a teams of nature recovery and rewilding specialists delivering a variety of projects for landowners and corporates. Ecosulis has invested in cutting-edge technology, pioneering science-based nature-based consultancy and contracting for over 30 years.
We see a future where rewilding is not only a way to develop more space for wild nature or to benefit our health and wellbeing, but also a financially viable market. We see opportunity for everyone to add value, driving positive impact at a global scale. This is a story of what can be achieved, rather than what needs to be done.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Ecosulis is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Here at Ecosulis we particularly encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout our industry. Appointment will always however, be made on merit and judged against the job description and person specification.
You will have the ability to organise, manage and prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines, ensuring high attention to detail is prioritised. Excellent written and communication skills, along with being confident, self-managing, and able to work on own initiative would be welcomed. You will ideally be passionate about ecology and a keen interest in wildlife.
Experience & Qualifications
- Good understanding of ecological legalisation for development.
- Good understanding of British Wildlife Legislation and survey best practice.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with Water Voles and Reptiles is advantageous.
- Degree in an ecology related subject.
- Qualifying membership of CIEEM or eligible to apply.
- CSCS card (desirable)
- Species specific personal licences (desirable)
Job type: Fixed-term contract (6 months)
Start date: April 2024
Salary: £26,000 – £32,000 – depending on experience
Location: Dorset – BH20 5EA
A Full UK driving licence and use of own vehicle is essential for the position.
- Permanent, full time
- Employee Assistance Programme and Wellbeing Support
- Paid sick leave
- Employee Discount Platform
- Reward points program
- Wellbeing allowance
- Health Cash Plan
- Wellness days off
- Training and development offering
- Bike to work scheme
How to Apply
To apply for the position please send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment manager Josh Plaister below: