We are looking for a Consultancy Intern to join our team and assist with a variety of projects this season. The position will be for a temporary four-month contract with the potential for extension. Primarily based from our head office in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, you will work alongside our ecologists and landscape consultants, assisting with surveys, administration and reporting. You will also be expected to occasionally work and live away from the office in field-based roles, which may include working anti-social hours. Flexibility, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic are essential.
Head Office £DOE
Experience: 2 Years
Closing Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020
- Assisting with field survey work for phase 1 Habit surveys, preliminary Ecological Appraisals, protected species survey, invaise non-native species and woodland assesments.
- Undertaking baseline data searches including acquiring and accessing biological data records
- Contributing to the production of reports and documents, including formatting and proof reading.
- Contributing to the design and production of landscape management plans
- Producing maps and plans using GIS, CAD and various specilaist software packages.
Core Skills and Requirements
- A degree or equivalent qualification in environment related subjects
Practical experience of field survey work
- Good understanding of wildlife and the countryside
- Broad knowledge of environmental and landscape management practices
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and language skills
- Full, clean driving licence
- Experience carrying out protected species surveys
- Experience in report writing
- Experience in specialist software such as GIS, Photoshop and CAD
- Fixed term 4 month contract, with the potential of extension
- Full time hours 08:30 – 17:30, occasional out of hours working will be required.
- Competitive salary
- 22 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays.
- Training opportunities
- Use of company vehicles
- Company uniform