The EB team are a diverse group of talented individuals, who bring different experiences, ideas and much more. Together, we’ve experienced remarkable growth recently, and the best part… We’re just getting started.
We believe that work should be fulfilling, inspiring, and balanced. From wellness programs to flexible arrangements, we’ve got your back and are committed to creating an environment where you can thrive both personally and professionally. So, if you’re ready to be part of a driven organisation that’s making a real difference in the world, join us at Environment Bank.
Please note that this role is remote, however the ideal candidate would be based in Bristol.
About the role
As an Assistant Ecologist, you will work closely with senior ecologists and project teams to support ecological surveys, data collection, and analysis. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in ecological fieldwork and contribute to environmental assessments and conservation projects. The ideal candidate is passionate about ecology, possesses strong observational skills, and is eager to learn and develop their ecological knowledge.
- Assist in conducting ecological surveys, including habitat assessments, flora and fauna surveys, and species identification.
- Collect and record ecological data using appropriate survey techniques and tools.
- Assist in data analysis and interpretation to identify patterns, trends, and ecological indicators.
- Contribute to the preparation of ecological reports, impact assessments, and other technical documents.
- Support the development and implementation of habitat management and conservation plans.
- Adhering to the H&S requirements and to the EB safety policies.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and best practices.
- Maintain accurate records of survey findings, data, and methodologies.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of field equipment and supplies.
- Stay informed about current ecological research, methodologies, and industry trends.
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines during fieldwork and site visits.
- Participate in training programs and workshops to enhance ecological knowledge and skills.
- Support senior ecologists in project coordination, including scheduling, logistics, and client communication.
Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field.
- CIEEM Qualifying Membership
- FISC Level 1 – or equivalent botanical skills as per the Botanical Field Skill Pyramid
- Knowledge of ecological principles, survey techniques, and biodiversity assessment methods.
- Post grad degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, or a related field is desirable.
- Familiarity with local flora, fauna, and ecosystems, as well as species identification skills.
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic understanding of environmental regulations and impact assessment procedures.
- Familiarity with GIS software and statistical analysis tools is a plus.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to project sites.
- Commitment to environmental stewardship and passion for ecological conservation.
Remote working, but require the candidate to be based inBristol
Working from home allowance
Investment in your development
Quarterly EB meet ups
Interesting and challenging work