|Role Summary:||To assist the ecology team in the delivery and management of site surveys, mitigation, reporting and advisory work.
Duties to include ecological surveys, desk study and report writing, mitigation design, site supervision and liaison with internal/external clients and sub-contractors.
|Outline of role:
|· Provide consultancy services in relation to ecology by undertaking both office and site based work including EcIA, EIA and HRA tasks;
· Provision of ecological advice especially with regard to protected or invasive species;
· Site supervision during site investigations and construction programmes if required (Ecological Clerk of Works);
· Training to manage small projects independently.
· Develop and enhance existing skills in ecology.
· Support the preparation of proposal and tender documents
· Assist in general marketing on behalf of the Company and develop customer relationships
· Adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy
|Qualifications required:||· Qualified to degree level, preferably to MSc level in a relevant environmental science
· Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (or suitably qualified to apply)
|· Ecological survey, assessment and report writing experience
· Experience of habitat/botanical surveying or ornithological surveying is highly desirable
· Previous experience of working with protected species. Possession of at least one relevant licence (e.g. bat, great crested newt, dormouse etc) would be advantageous.
· The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner and produce clear and concise written documents in English
· Computer literate with skills in MSOffice
|Qualities required:||· Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
· Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
· Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
· Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
· Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
· Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
· Have good communication skills
· Be enthusiastic
· Able to work away from the office location in remote locations or on uneven terrain / aquatic environments
|Interviews will be arranged in April 2020|
|For further information please contact Keith Ross ([email protected]) however applications must be received through the Sweco Application Portal on our website
Please note that there is an incentive payment available for applicants who apply directly and are successfully appointed.
Company: Sweco UK Ltd
Job title: Assistant Ecologist
Contract type: Permanent
Level: Entry and Graduate Levels
Region: Bristol South West England
Hours: Full time
Company website: www.sweco.co.uk
Specific job webpage: www.sweco.co.uk/career/