With over 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing environmental consultancy and research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised and highly respected leader in the environmental and rural sectors.
ADAS has recently been acquired by the RSK Group Ltd which is one of Europe’s leading multidisciplinary environmental consultancies and is ranked number 42 in the Sunday Times Fast Track 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK. There has never been a more exciting time to join.
Our Ecology business comprises a highly skilled team focused on providing services to a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries, and as a result of our success in this area, we have a vacancy for an Ecological Consultant. The successful candidate will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and EcoCheck surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Assist senior colleagues with more specialist work, for example, provide support on protected species surveys.
- Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
- Inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
Successful candidates will:
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and EcoCheck surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client’s satisfaction.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Gain experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Experience with European Protected Species survey work.
- Membership of CIEEM.
Ideal but not essential
- PTS qualified.
- Report writing skills.
- Hold at least one Natural England survey licence.
- Quote/tender production.
- Client management experience.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- A friendly, supportive work environment
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Constant H&S training
- Increasing annual leave entitlement with length of service
- Regular training and career development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, and private health care
- Regular training and career development
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym membership, Holidays and Entertainment)
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer