As part of our continued growth we are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic Assistant Ecological Consultant to join our expanding Corby office. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your ecological skills and provide tailored advice to clients on large scale projects and to support the Corby ecological team with specific species advice.
We offer a competitive basic salary plus an excellent benefits package of pension, training and outdoor equipment allowance plus flexible working opportunities.
The Assistant Ecological Consultant role offers the opportunity to join the Corby team to support the ongoing schedule of projects and expand your professional experience by supporting ongoing survey works, developing technical reports, conducting statistical analyses and engaging with clients.
The role will encompass:
- Conducting Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and assisting in specialist ecological surveys (e.g. protected species surveys, etc.);
- Providing ecological site supervision;
- Environmental policy review;
- Report writing relevant to role;
- Supporting senior members of team in achieving project deliverables; and
- Communicating and liaising with clients and sub-consultants.
The right candidate should have:
- A degree in ecology or related discipline (or equivalent qualifications / experience);
- At least two years’ experience in the ecological industry;
- Demonstrable relevant experience, either through practical degree experience (e.g. research project), voluntary service or professional experience;
- Awareness of best practice survey guidance and understanding Wildlife Law and Legislation;
- Numerate and able to use a range of software packages;
- Associate member of CIEEM (or working towards);
- Preferably hold a GCN protected species licence or working towards;
- Excellent report writing ability and written/oral communication;
- Full UK driving licence; and
- Ability and willingness to travel for survey work and to work away from home.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package and exceptional career development opportunities for the right person wishing to fulfil their full professional potential.
To apply for this role please complete the online application form below.
For an informal discussion about the position, please contact Justin Mumford on 01536 408840 / [email protected]