We have multiple opportunities for Assistant Ecologists to support our terrestrial ecology teams across the UK for the 2022 survey season. We can only consider people that are immediately available (two weeks’ notice at most)
This is a great opportunity to learn professional survey and mitigation techniques, in a range of species and habitats, and to gain experience of working in a busy independent environmental consultancy. Many of our previous seasonal Assistant Ecologists have gone on to secure permanent positions with us and now have thriving careers at Thomson.
We would like to hear from people that have had some ecology field experience, or you can be hardworking and recently graduated with a degree in ecology, environmental science, zoology or another related field, Ideally you will have undertaken previous ecological surveying, either in a voluntary or paid capacity, it doesn’t matter what your level of experience we provide the training and support
You must have
· a degree in ecology or a related field, or suitable relevant experience
· the right to work in the UK
· a valid driving licence and vehicle, insured for business use
· the ability and willingness to travel and stay away at survey sites in various locations around the UK
· confidence to work independently, and as part of a team
· self-motivation with the ability to learn quickly.
· Be immediately available and free for the next few months.
It would be advantageous if you also had the following:
· a protected species licence e.g. GCN, bat or dormouse
· membership to the Chartered Institute of Ecological and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
· a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card
· First Aid at Work certification