Principal Ecological Consultant / Regional Manager
Full time, permanent
Salary range from £32-£35K per annum
Are you a commercially aware leader looking for your next exciting opportunity in ecological consultancy? Do you enjoy leading and motivating a team and taking responsibility for managing large complex projects? Do you have a proven track record of winning work, proactively generating new business and managing client relationships? If so, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking to appoint a Regional Office Manager who will lead our team of motivated technical specialists based at our Cardiff office. You will have overall responsibility for delivering high quality work on time and to budget, providing a first class service to our clients and for business development within the regional office. You will lead all site and office based operations, therefore you will need an approachable and adaptable leadership style with the ability to communicate effectively.
Successful candidates must
- have experience within a commercial ecological consultancy
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or related subject
- be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- be organised with considerable experience of managing large, complex projects
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office based staff
- have a proven track record of preparing bids and tenders, winning work and generating new business opportunities
- be financially adept with the ability to manage budgets and meet gross profit targets
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports including EPSL applications, EcIA chapters and habitat regulation assessments
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed
Ideally successful candidates will also have
- full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
- advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas as well as holding protected species licences.
We are the UK’s leading experts in gaining consents and meeting planning conditions. Our expertise is in all ecosystems and we provide the full range of services within ecology, water management, habitat creation and landscape architecture; from survey, through data management to consultancy and public inquiry. We help our clients from all sectors to gain planning consent and to manage the impacts of developments on species and their habitats.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training, opportunities for progression and a range of company benefits including 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme, discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, free parking and regular social events!
This is a permanent position based in our modern offices in the centre of Cardiff.
For an informal chat about the role, please feel free to contact Katie Hamilton-Boxall on 01483 466000
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com