Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking for a graduate ecologist to join our expanding ecology team in Dublin. Our European team work on a variety of projects, across a wide range of industry sectors. Whilst most of the work is based in Ireland there is also opportunity to work with colleagues in the UK and on overseas projects.
Applicants will primarily have a good practical and working knowledge of ecology and environmental assessment and the successful applicant must able to demonstrate field experience in habitat and terrestrial mammal surveys as a minimum. Ornithological survey skills are desirable although specialist expertise in bats, aquatic species and botanical survey will also be considered. You will have excellent communication and analytical skills as well as demonstrate a good understanding of environmental consultancy work.
You will join a friendly team of ecologists in a global multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy. Whatever your experience, SLR offers an individually-tailored training package using in-house and external training to complement the development of your career as an ecological consultant.
The core role will involve assisting the ecology team with carrying out ecological surveys in addition to desk-based study, report writing and the preparation of Ecological Impact Assessment and Appropriate Assessment Reports . The position will involve occasional out-of-hours work.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
• Enthusiastic, keen to learn and develop, willing to work as part of a team and build strong relationships
• Capable of working long hours in the field, spending time away from home as well as working on office-based tasks.
• Experience of habitat and mammal surveys
• Good organisational and report writing skills
• Estuarine, coastal and marine bird ID skills and experience of the upland bird survey methods to include waders, raptors, divers etc (Desirable)
• Full driving license
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.