Senior, Principal or Associate Director Ecologist (£30-50k depending on experience)
Wardell Armstrong LLP is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 13 offices across the UK, employing approximately 500 staff. We currently have circa 50 permanent ecologists across 8 offices and are looking to expand our team. Working together with our clients and other teams both internally and externally to deliver projects for our clients, the ecology team deliver solutions to challenging problems in a wide range of projects of varying sizes including residential, large scale mixed use developments, utilities & infrastructure, green energy (wind turbines, solar) and quarries plus a range of other bespoke projects and clients.
We are looking to recruit Senior, Principal and Associate Director level Ecologists in the following locations – Bury St Edmunds, Birmingham, Cardiff, Bristol, London, Stoke-on-Trent, Leeds, Bolton, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
In this exciting role your responsibilities will include:
- managing ecological projects including staff allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, management of commercial aspects of projects, quality assurance, maintaining and improving quality of reporting, addressing any client feedback and ensuring effective communication on all projects.
- Producing and overseeing the production of ecological appraisals, survey reports, licence applications, Ecological Impact Assessments, Biodiversity Net Gain Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments and other similar documents.
- Carrying out ecological surveys, where necessary, and checking that surveys are being carried out to the required standards by all staff.
- Preparation of fee proposals and tenders, including contribution to multi-disciplinary bids/proposals as required.
- Development of the team by working with other ecologists and teams across the Wardell Armstrong business and by providing guidance to develop the skills and capability of individuals within the team.
The successful candidate will be someone who has:
- A degree in ecology or a related discipline.
- At least 4 years’ experience and knowledge of working in a professional consultancy practice with excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience of managing ecological projects to completion and reporting to the standards required by planning authorities, Natural England and other similar bodies.
- Strong survey skills including Extended UK Habitat and protected species surveys (with at least one licence or specialism desirable)
- Experience of Protected Species licencing and preparing relevant documents for disturbance / mitigation licences. Named Ecologist on such a licence desirable but not essential.
What you will get!
We offer a range of benefits and career prospects in a supportive working environment with no restrictions on how far you can progress. Including hybrid home/office working, flexible working hours, full time or part time positions, 24 days annual leave and options to purchase additional leave, Private healthcare, Private pension, Critical Illness cover and much more! We encourage all of our employees to contribute to their professional institution. WA also provides a bespoke training and mentoring programme for all grades, tailored to suit an individual’s needs. Training is provided internally as well as from external sources where needed. We will support staff in gaining the necessary experience and references with regard to protected species survey licences.
Please apply with CV to Janine.email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to Janine.firstname.lastname@example.org