At JCA, we have reached that point where we need a Senior/Principal Ecologist for our growing ecological department. With four ecologists and a growing portfolio of interesting work I would love to hear from you if you match the attached job description.
Essentially you should have;
• Full CIEEM membership
• At least 10 years experience working as an ecologist in a leadership role
• Experienced in providing specialised advice on biodiversity issues for clients on major assignments with experience in many different sectors including infrastructure and property development.
• An up to date overview of EU and UK legislation, pertaining to ecology and environmental issues.
• General knowledge of the planning system and an understanding of the infrastructure and property development industry.
• Experience in green infrastructure initiatives.
• Ability to communicate and liaise with a wide range of people from clients, other consultants and sub-contractors.
• Project management of a wide and varied workload.
• Needs to hold GCN and Bat licence and two other protected species licences if not more.
• Have strong botanical identification skills to FISC level 5.
• Develop relationships with clients and attend public consultations and planning meetings when necessary.
• Experience in conducting and writing ecological scoping and impact assessments (EcIA), preliminary ecological appraisal (PEA), European protected species licences, ecological surveys for code for sustainable homes (CfSH), BREEAM and mitigation licences and plans along with working method statements and construction method statements.
• Be able to give toolbox talks and habitat management advice.
• Able to organise and produce tenders for large scale projects, such as road infrastructures.
• Provide technical support to the growing ecology team, mentoring junior ecologists.
• Plan and co-ordinate ecological mitigation works
• Provide ecological advice to clients and contractors.
We are a great company to work for and offer a company car, a competitive salary, a bonus scheme, flexi time (you get paid for the hours you work), Pension, full time employment in a permanent position and a friendly working environment.
Based in rural Yorkshire, this is a wonderful opportunity for the right person.
Email me your CV and we can have a chat.
- Jonathan Cocking FRES PDipArb(RFS) FArborA CBiol MSB MICFor
- Principal Consultant / Managing Director, JCA Ltd.
- Tel: 01422 376335
- Email: email@example.com