- Position: Permanent
- Location: Glasgow
- Salary: £27,000 – £35,000 depending on qualifications and experience
A well-established engineering and environmental consultancy are looking to recruit a skilled Senior/Principal Ecologist for their growing Glasgow office. Our client are a multidisciplinary practice aiming to provide the broad variety of services needed to effectively oversee an extensive range of projects within the mining, infrastructure and property sectors.
Successful candidates will be tasked with contributing to the development of the Ecology team; providing practical support to team members, clients, other teams (e.g. Planning and Landscape Design) and offices as necessary. A proven record of managing junior staff is therefore highly desirable.
If you are an enthusiastic Ecologist with a desire to progress your career within a successful firm of experts this is the ideal role for you!
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Leading Ecological field surveys, analysing and reporting survey results (including Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Protected Species Survey Reports, Ecological Impact Assessments and similar documents).
- Taking responsibility for small and medium-sized Ecological projects (e.g. managing subcontractors, resource allocation, quality assurance and client feedback).
- Preparing project fee quotations, risk assessments and method statements as needed.
- Planning and enforcing mitigation strategies.
- Aiding business development by attending networking events and meeting prospective clients.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree-educated in Ecology (or related discipline) and demonstrable experience of ecological consultancy, leading field surveys and ecological projects.
- Possession of at least one (SNH/Natural England) protected species licence (candidates with one survey licence will ideally working towards a second).
- A specialism in birds/bats/herptiles/terrestrial mammals with knowledge of protected species issues and experience with bat European Protected Species licence applications in Scotland.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Full CIEEM membership (current CSCS & PTS accreditation also desirable).
- Flexibility over work hours (particularly during survey season).
- Full, clean UK driving licence.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to develop your own career and be directly involved in the advancement of the wider Ecology team. The position also boasts a superb benefits package including: health care, life assurance, mobile phone and a flexible work schedule.
Interested in learning more about this position? Please send enquiries to [email protected]