Salary: £28,000 – £40,000
We are looking for an experienced ecological consultant to help grow and co-ordinate CSA’s ecological services from our Brighton office. You will work alongside our managing Associate, liaising with clients, leading a diverse range of projects and supporting the development of our dynamic team of six ecologists.
CSA is a multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 55 staff in three offices. With 22 permanent Ecologists, we have a wide range of technical expertise but remain small enough to be a close and friendly team. As well as the internal transfer of skills and sharing of knowledge, there is a generous approach to external training and excellent career development opportunities.
As a Senior Ecologist at CSA you must have:
- At least 5 years relevant consultancy experience within a small/medium sized practice
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Expertise with ecological assessment including PEA and EcIA
- Recognised areas of specialism combined with all round field skills
- Expertise with protected species work, including personal survey licences
- An enthusiastic, committed and dynamic approach
- Full or Associate membership of CIEEM
As a Principal Ecologist, you must have all of the above plus:
- Excellent client facing skills
- A proven ability to develop new work streams
- The ability to coach and develop junior staff
- Full membership of CIEEM and an active involvement in the Institute or other related organisations
In Brighton, we offer a fantastic working environment close to the town centre and railway stations. It’s a vibrant place and we welcome applications from passionate, highly motivated ecologists with an aptitude for consultancy work.
To apply, please send your CV and personal statement to email@example.com, or to discuss the position informally, please call Clare Caudwell on 01273 573871.