About The Role
- Developing and designing solutions in accordance to our client standards, procedures and requirements and meeting environmental requirements e.g. Environment Agency and Natural England.
- Production of accurate and concise scheme documents and reports.
- Production of designs that comply with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
- Programming of assessments, further site surveys, watching briefs and organising Environmental contractors on behalf of the project manager.
- Input into scoping and assessment for large scale improvements.
- Determination of risk and receptors for environmental, heritage, ecological features and design mitigation for impacts.
- Undertaking desk studies and carry out specialist ecological surveys and assessments, including phase 1 and protected species.
- Keep up to date with new environmental policies and legislation.
- Input and review of the relevant procedures.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or experience of ecology in the construction industry.
- Experience of working with protected species.
- Holding some licenses such as GCN and/or bat licence essential.
- Civils experience preferred
EKFB is a joint venture that brings together international, market leading expertise from four leading civil engineering and construction companies: Eiffage, Kier, Ferrovial Agroman and BAM Nuttall. All four partners have specialist expertise in the design, construction, operation, financing and maintenance of railway networks, including the construction of one of Europe’s latest high speed rail projects.
EKFB is proud to have been appointed by HS2 to deliver civil engineering works across an 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood. Our scope of the works includes 15 viaducts, 5km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 67 overbridges and around 30 million cubic metres of excavation. EKFB is committed to improving lives, communities and the engineering and construction industry by providing sustained employment opportunities and being a good neighbour, protecting the environment and the places we work.
If you would like to be part of our collaborative, enthusiastic and forward-thinking culture, then please apply today.
In return, we’re offering a competitive salary & benefits.
EKFB brings together international, market leading technical expertise. We have an industry leading track record of delivering major infrastructure projects, including Crossrail, the Millau Viaduct, Mersey gateway and the Bretagne-Pays de la Loire High Speed Rail link.
We are committed to, and strongly believe in, inclusiveness and equality of opportunity. Everyone who works with EKFB has a contribution to make; this is why we welcome applications from different backgrounds, experiences and abilities. Our aim is to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels they are able to be themselves. Please contact us if there is any additional support you might require making an application.
Please note your CV may be shared with joint venture partners on this project.