Based in Kenilworth. Working away may be required.
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Contract Period: Permanent
Hours of work: Typically 9am-5pm but regular evening and early morning working as required.
Blackdown Environmental provides Ecological Consultancy and Environmental Contracting services to a wide variety of clients within the transport (road and rail), housing, charitable and utilities sectors. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of NBC Environment, and provide services throughout the UK.
Blackdown Environmental has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Senior Ecologist to help establish ecological consultancy services from our Midlands office based in Kenilworth. The role includes supporting our existing Ecologists in other locations, assist in the delivery of existing habitat creation contracts in the midlands and establishing new business relationships and opportunities. The successful candidate will be a robust team player with the ability to work alongside environmental operatives and contracts managers (as well as independently). The role requires an excellent verbal and written communicator, able to produce high quality reports for a range of audiences.
Essential Requirements/ tasks/ experience:
– Degree in Ecology or related subject
– At least 4 years’ experience of working within the field of ecological consultancy
– Holder of protected species survey licences (bats and great crested newts preferred).
– Experience of undertaking Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and a range of protected species surveys.
– Experienced at performing Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) duties.
– Excellent written communication skills and demonstrable experience of producing high quality reports, including protected species survey reports, Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA), mitigation plans etc.
– Project management experience including tendering, client liaison and communication with Local Planning Authorities (LPAs) and Statutory Nature Conservation Organisations (e.g. Natural England).
– Can demonstrate leading teams or supervising and managing subcontracted staff.
– Experience of providing Quality Assurance (QA) to other team member’s reports.
– Self-motivated and ability to work independently
– Ability to be involved in business development and generation of new work opportunities.
– Ability to work away from the office including overnight stays when required
– Willingness to work evenings and early mornings when required
– Willingness and ability to undertake training related to rail, highways and construction site work
– Willingness to undertake drug and alcohol testing when required
– Full driving licence
– Full membership of CIEEM (or ability to apply for)
– Experience of applying for European Protected Species Licences (EPSLs)
– Experience of GIS systems and mapping of ecological data
– CSCS Card
Start date: 2018 (TBC)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Expenses: In line with company policies
TOIL: System to be agreed
Fill in the application form below, or CLICK HERE