A vacancy has arisen for a qualified Senior Ecologist. We have projects throughout the UK and need an experienced person to provide field & project management expertise throughout England. The successful candidate will be based at home (England location preferred) with job benefits to facilitate home‐working:
- Have excellent botanical skills
- Membership of CIEEM (or the ability)
- Excellent understanding of UK & EU wildlife legislation and UK planning policy,
- Be able to liaise with and meet planners, clients and so on, representing the needs of a particular project with high levels of expertise & knowledge
- Have a full, clean driving licence
- Strong technical reporting, including PEA, HRA, EcIA and EIA experience.
- IT literacy particularly MS Office packages and server management.
- Understanding of the protected species licensing structure; possession of a licence is not mandatory but would be helpful
- Knowledge of the railway and highways environment with respect to ecological consultancy
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work with third parties and motivate colleagues
- Strong experience of safe working practices related to ecological fieldwork
- Understanding of the need to travel widely including spending time away from home, especially in support of surveys and mitigation projects.
Salary ‐ £28,000 to £35,000, depending on the candidate, and potentially more for the right person.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org