Green Ecology have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ecologist to join our fast growing team based on the outskirts of Exeter. This individual will already be well versed in a range of field surveys, project management, design input, report writing and client advice having already demonstrated they can work at a Senior Ecologist level.
Green Ecology is a mid-sized, privately owned consultancy with an excellent reputation based near Exeter, working for a wide variety of clients across the south of England and into Wales. We are big enough to work on major projects (1000+ unit residential schemes, 1000 acre renewables sites, national utilities contract) yet small enough to feel like you’re part of a close knit team and not a small cog in a huge international organization. We are a company that puts it’s staff first, creating a fun non-corporate atmosphere where a love of wildlife is shared across a team of like-minded people.
Essential skills and experience
- Working at Senior Ecologist level or minimum of 5 years in consultancy
- Be a full member of CIEEM (MCIEEM) or capable of upgrading to that level on appointment
- Reliable with strong time management
- Strong report writing skills with experience of producing various types of reports
- A full range of survey skills including Phase 1 and various protected species
- Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system with confidence to provide technical advice to clients.
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
- Full driving license & car
Desirable skills and experience
- An area of ecological specialism (Birds would be ideal)
- Experience of submitting ESPL applications
- QGIS skills
- Experience of writing ES chapters
Salary: Competitive + Bonus scheme
Position: Full time/Permanent
Green Ecology are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. Full equality & diversity policy available on request.
Apply to [email protected]