This is a fantastic time to join RPS. We are looking to recruit highly motivated and ambitious employees to work on a wide variety of high-profile projects. With an enviable client list, and the highest calibre multi-disciplinary back up team, we are able to offer unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Ecologist to project manage bat projects and bat survey and assessment task on others projects within our Derby office. We need someone with a Class 1 or preferably a class 2 bat licence and we would prefer someone who has been ‘named’ on bat mitigation licences.
Their role will be to support the ecological team by providing specialist bat advice on projects as and when required. They will also undertake more general ecological appraisals, protected species surveys, mitigation design and construction and post-construction supervision and monitoring. They would be responsible for the oversight and management of bat work within the office, as well as their own technical work and outputs, together with ongoing client relationships.
This person should command respect as an ecologist and bring a proactive approach to the role.
• The ideal candidate would be an established ecological consultant with bat experience and around five years’ experience working in ecological consultancy and with the following key skills:
• An ability to plan and undertake habitat surveys to a high standard and to identify indicator plant species and habitat types
• Full knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation and best practice survey techniques
• Demonstrable experience working as an ecological consultant
• Knowledge of the industry and professional consultancy
• Experienced bat licensed consultant (Class 1 or preferably 2) and also desirable to be a Named Ecologist on bat licences also
• Full driving licence
• Breadth of ECoW experience on major projects
• Experience of preparing and implementing EPS and other licence applications
• Green Infrastructure and strategic ecological inputs to the masterplanning process
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, experienced, motivated to make a difference and will share our client focused philosophy of delivering high quality professional consultancy service.
In return, we offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including 24 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance. You will also be eligible to participate in the Company Share Purchase Scheme. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and develop your career with one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer.