An excellent opportunity for a Senior Ecologist to join Capita Infrastructure’s team in Cardiff.
The successful applicant will have experience of designing and leading surveys, impact assessment, mitigation and producing applications for European Protected Species Licenses (EPSL).
Working closely with our team, you will undertake a variety of habitat and species surveys, produce survey reports, method statements, design mitigation strategies and provide assistance with the preparation of EPS development licenses.
You will work on schemes of all sizes ranging from large infrastructure projects, bridge repair/maintenance, mixed use developments through to school/small scale housing projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to fulfil a crucial role within our national ecology team, with prospects for career progression and the ability to develop to your full potential within a professional forward thinking, commercial organisation.
Time Type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Cardiff, UK
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and undertake surveys.
- Design, plan and undertake a variety of species and habitat ecological surveys (taking a lead role in areas of specific expertise
- Produce associated reports to a high quality and in line with the company standards.
- Assist with ecological mitigation design and other tasks as necessary.
- Line manages, train and mentor junior staff as a part of their professional progression/growth.
What we’re looking for:
- Natural Resources Walesand/ or Natural England protected species licenses.
- Applicants are expected to have an Honors degree in Ecology or a related subject, with consultancy experience or relevant vocational experience.
- Full or Associate membership (or eligibility for Associate membership as a minimum) of CIEEM or IEMA
- You will need a working knowledge of mitigation principles and environmental/wildlife legislation in relation to protected and invasive species.
- A working knowledge of Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and the production of EcIA chapters for Environmental Statements.
- A working knowledge of the Habitats Regulations and the associated assessments and reports.
- A full driving license is essential for this role and a willingness to carry out surveys during unsociable hours and at times away from the office base.
About Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we are creating tomorrow’s prosperous and connected places.
Across the UK, our clients rely on our trusted team of experts delivering ingenious and effective solutions for their projects. From engineering and architectural innovation to environmental sustainability and technologically enabled project delivery, we are renowned for our breadth of expertise and collaborative approach. We’re a unique team specializing in infrastructure and buildings; the physical networks which keep the country moving and the places where people and communities can prosper.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita.
You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
At Capita Real estate and infrastructure, we are creating tomorrow’s prosperous and connected places. Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita’s offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.