You will also be part of our Birmingham office community, an increasingly diverse work place that brings together professionals from across disciplines to develop client and people centred solutions to the problems we face, with a focus on integrity and honesty in everything we do.
This role will suit an individual who wants to contribute to the growth of the environment business in Birmingham and help deliver our ecological consultancy and mitigation services in a fast moving, client focused, commercial environment.
You will be office based however there will be a requirement to undertake site surveys and attend client meetings. In addition, there will be a need for general ecological support to projects ranging in size and scope within an environmental team, working closely with other disciplines to ensure ecological as well as wider sustainability objectives for projects are delivered successfully, within budget and to programme.
- Degree in ecology/biology or directly related subject
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Personal conservation licence for at least one protected species and experience of obtaining or working under a variety of protected species licences and liaising with regulatory bodies to negotiate and obtain consents
- Experience in the UK ecological consultancy market with a strong client facing approach
- Strong knowledge of wildlife legislation including planning processes and/or
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience of applying relevant guidance for surveys
- Proficiency in report writing skills, displaying high standards with attention to detail and ability to write accurate and concise reports, such as ecological appraisals, survey reports, method statement
- Experience in planning, assisting and delivering baseline or species/habitat specific surveys to fulfil project requirements related to EIA, HRA etc
We now have a vacancy for a Senior Ecologist to work within our Birmingham team to undertake a range of activities, including overseeing delivery of and undertaking Phase 1 surveys, protected species surveys, mitigation works, licensing, Ecological Clerk of Works and reporting. Our ecologists have experience in surveying and evaluating the range of UK habitats, as well as holding licenses to work with protected species.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.