Salary: £29k – £35.5k / Type: Full time
Ecus has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced bat licensed ecological consultant to join our Basingstoke ecology team at a senior level.
The successful candidate will play a key role in planning, undertaking and managing ecological surveys and assessment and delivering positive outcomes for both our clients and the natural environment. You will support the Technical Director of Ecology with the management of the ecology team and a wide range of projects and help in developing our current portfolio of clients and projects.
Ecus Ltd has been providing environmental consultancy services for 30 years and has gained a reputation for technical excellence, staff development and having a great working environment.
The company has grown significantly in recent years with over 60 staff located in five offices across the UK and we have further exciting growth plans for the business. We are looking for someone with substantial consultancy experience looking to take a significant career move to an ambitious environmental consultancy with an ethos and culture that is highly rewarding.
You will be a key member of the team, working with the Technical Director to deliver ecology projects across the south east of England. You will work with our dedicated and professional team of ecologists in Basingstoke and other offices to deliver high quality ecological services to our growing client base on projects including major infrastructure provision, residential and commercial development, research and monitoring.
The role will include:
- Assisting with the management of the south east ecology team
- Planning and leading protected species surveys and mitigation projects
- Managing ecological appraisals and EcIA’s
- Producing high quality reports
- Project and financial management
- Supporting business development
- Supporting the preparation of fee quotes and tenders
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Over four years professional consultancy experience
- Experience in undertaking a wide range of ecology surveys including extended Phase 1 habitat surveys, and surveys for bats, amphibians, reptiles and birds
- Protected species survey licences including a Class 2 bat survey licence
- Experience of EcIA and EIA
- Experience of obtaining EPS development licences
- Project management and business development experience
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Relevant degree and postgraduate degree
- Full membership of CIEEM
- Full driving licence
On a personal level, we are looking for an enthusiastic and confident professional with good communication skills and the ability to fit into our friendly, lively and ambitious team. You must be willing to work anti-social hours and away from base where required.
Salary & Benefits
As well as our generous benefits package we are committed to assisting the professional and personal development of our team and have been awarded Investors in People status.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare benefit package
- Development and training opportunities
- Flexible approach to work
- Friendly, supportive working environment
Applications should be made via email including CV and covering letter.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity or have any question feel free to contact us using the details below.
Closing date for applications 28th January 2018 though early applications are encouraged and the advert may close sooner.