We are the UK’s leading experts in ecological environmental impact assessment. Our expertise is in all ecosystems and we provide the full range of services within terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecology, water management, habitat creation, landscape architecture and geospatial data management. We operate at all levels in the project delivery cycle from survey, through data management, interpretation, outcome advice and public inquiry. We help our clients from all sectors to grow their businesses and deliver their desired outcomes, whether that is for commercial growth or meeting regulatory requirements and challenges.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We provide fantastic on-the-job training and offer a range of company benefits including pension contributions, discounted gym membership, payment of a professional membership fee and regular parties!
We are looking for Senior Ecological Consultants to join our team either based at our head office in Guildford or at our Leeds or Cardiff regional offices. You may be looking for a step up into a more senior role, or be someone with more experience looking for a new and exciting position. We are looking for senior consultants who are capable of managing a diverse portfolio of projects in a variety of sectors. We are interested in hearing from people with particular terrestrial ecology specialisms (such as protected species, botanical, habitat assessment/restoration) and those who can demonstrate the application of their skills in an ecological consultancy setting.
This is a varied role and will include mentoring and supervising junior staff, taking responsibility for the standard of survey work by leading a field team, preparing tenders and quotes for clients, managing client relationships, undertaking ecological surveys and mitigation; managing and delivering a range of projects, which may involve EPSL applications, EcIA chapters and habitat regulation assessments, and finally, producing high quality reports for clients on time and within budget.
Successful candidates must
- have relevant and proven experience in a similar role, ideally within a commercial consultancy
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or related subject
- have advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas
- ideally have at least one protected species licence
- have an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques and an enthusiasm for keeping up to date with new technologies and best practice
- be commercially aware with experience of managing budgets
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports
- be organised with proven ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- hold a full UK driving licence and have use of a car
- have full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
- an enthusiastic, flexible, can-do attitude
These positions are permanent and will be based either at our modern offices on the picturesque Surrey Research Park in Guildford, at our newly appointed regional office in Leeds or at our Cardiff office. The successful candidates will live within commuting distance of one of the offices or will be prepared to relocate.
Please apply as soon as possible with your CV and a convincing covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role and indicating your preferred location (max 500 words) to [email protected]