Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 5,000 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Chemical, Manufacturing, Power, Mining and Technology, Media & Telecommunications. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Senior Consultant – Marine Ecology (Mid-Senior Level)
An expert marine ecologist is required to lead and develop ERM UK’s freshwater ecology services. The role will be focused on Environmental Impact Assessment, primarily assessing development impacts on freshwater habitats and species for a variety of developments in the UK and internationally. The role will involve planning, managing and undertaking surveys; liaising with clients and stakeholders, managing specialist subcontractors and reporting to national and international standards. There is an expectation to coach team members in marine ecology surveys and assessments, and to help grow the team and develop the services. There is opportunity to support the team in Ecological Clerk of Works (ECOW) and Due Diligence (DD) work for financial lenders and to appear as an Expert Witness for Public Inquiry.
- Lead and manage biodiversity surveys on projects.
- Supervise and coach junior team members.
- Oversee project work by sub-consultants (on-site and reporting) and act as Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) where necessary.
- Draft technical assessments for EIA/ESIAs and inputs to Environmental Management Plans.
- Support on Due Diligence (DD) work for financial lenders.
- Daily interactions with the Project / Proposal PM teams, other technical specialists and clients as necessary.
- Previous experience as an expert witness (Principal Consultant level), or willingness to do so (Senior Consultant level).
- Support Business Development (BD) efforts, including generating opportunities, contributing to proposals etc.
- Work with other PC/SCs and Technical Directors to facilitate the running of the Biodiversity Team.
- Specialist aquatic / marine ecologist (freshwater).
- Demonstrable experience of leading biodiversity surveys and undertaking technical work for EIAs / DDs in UK and overseas.
- EPS license for one, or more, species.
- Health and safety experience (eg health and safety plans, risk assessments, reporting incidents / corrective actions beneficial).
- Able to communicate well with clients, stakeholders and other team members.
- Ability to travel as needed including overseas.
- BD experience.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- University degree holder in a relevant field.