Sweco are looking for a Senior Consultant Ecologist to join the Environment team in our Bristol office.
- To assist the ecology team in the delivery and management of site surveys, mitigation, reporting and advisory work.
- Duties to include ecological surveys, desk study and report writing, mitigation design, site supervision, BREEAM assessments, mentoring of junior staff and liaison with internal/external clients and sub-contractors.
- Project management of small/medium sized jobs and task management in large schemes.
Outline of role
• Provide consultancy services in relation to ecology by undertaking both office and site based work including EcIA, EIA and HRA tasks;
• Provision of ecological advice especially with regard to protected or invasive species;
• Site supervision during site investigations and construction programmes if required (Ecological Clerk of Works);
• Training to manage small projects independently.
• Undertake financial management of project tasks by acting as task manager/project manager.
• Develop and enhance existing skills in ecology.
• Support the preparation of proposal and tender documents
• Assist in general marketing on behalf of the Company and develop customer relationships
• Adhere to the company Health and Safety Policy
• Qualified to degree level, preferably to MSc level in a relevant environmental science
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (or suitably qualified to apply)
• Strong demonstrable ecological survey, assessment and report writing experience
• Previous experience of working with protected species. Possession of at least one relevant licence (e.g. bat, great crested newt, dormouse etc) would be advantageous.
• Experience of Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) would be advantageous
• The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner and produce clear and concise written documents in English
• Computer literate with skills in MSOffice
• Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
• Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
• Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
• Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
• Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
• Have good communication skills
• Be enthusiastic
• Able to work away from the office location in remote locations or on uneven terrain / aquatic environments
31st January 2018
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and experience as well as the following benefits: a non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance cover, professional qualification assistance and incentives, staff benefits scheme and two annual professional institution fees paid.
For further information please contact Keith Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Vacancy Reference: L&E/139-2
Please note that there is an incentive payment available for applicants who apply directly and are successfully appointed.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community