Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverseproviders of full-spectrum technical, professional and consultancy services forindustrial, commercial and government organisations globally.
With more than 77,000 people globally, our teams collaborate,innovate and create. Our people are proud to have been behind some of thegreatest consultancy and engineering feats over the past 70 years.
Wefoster a collaborative and inclusive environment for our people, and ourpartners, and we want you to be a part of our growing business.
OurEnvironment,Maritime and Resiliencebusiness provides a focus for advising our clients on sustainabilityissues including renewable energy, low carbon economies, impacts of climatechange and waste and resource management. Our environmental capabilitiescomprise of in excess of 1000 staff based predominantly in the UK, butwith reach into the Middle East and in India.
Our ecology team is currently over a hundred strong which meanstechnical as well as career mentoring to ensure your continued professionaldevelopment. At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas intoreality.
We employ a number of field biologists and ecologists to assist with andundertake data collection and monitoring commitments on projects. We arenow looking for field scientists to support our project commitments on a rangeof contract types. We are looking for seasonal ecologists across thefollowing locations; Reading, Southampton, Cardiff, Bristol, Exeter, Glasgow,Edinburgh, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham.
- Supporting the national team of ecologists working on a variety of projects
- Survey support and logistic planning
- Ecological surveying and biological data collection
- Producing quality assured ecology deliverables
- Report Writing
- Ecology survey experience and a good field scientist
- Eligible for CIEEM membership
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to write clear, concise reports Driving licence
- You must be a good team player with a willingness to work away from yourbase office.
- An honours degree in ecology or related field
- Relevant undergraduate work placements or post graduate studies
- Full CIEEM
- Postgraduate degree
- Protected species licence(s)
- An ecological specialism
- Chartered Environmentalist
- ECoW experience
At Jacobs we see safety differently – we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health,safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our businessand we work with external organisations such as STEM , WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall . We are also Disability Confident Committed ; therefore, we guarantee to interviewall disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you joinJacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks,centredoninclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business andat the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website;www.jacobs.com
Please note that the recruitment process for seasonal ecologists willcommence in January 2019
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline PersonnelSecurity Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo variouschecks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History andCriminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, thenyour employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS isan Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing ofall.
Primary Location United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Exeter
Req ID: BIA0003S0