- Salary: £18k pro rata
- Position: Full time/Seasonal Contract
- Location: Exeter, Devon
Green Ecology is a mid-sized, privately owned consultancy with an excellent reputation based near Exeter, working for a wide variety of clients across the south of England and into Wales.
We are looking for an experienced ecologist to join our busy team for the 2019 season (starting in May). This individual would need to be ready to carry out field surveys unaided having had at least one full season’s experience. With a focus on bat surveys in particular the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of bat activity and emergence surveys.
Green Ecology is a company that puts it’s staff first, creating a fun non-corporate atmosphere where a love of wildlife is shared across a team of like-minded people.
This position will come with plenty of opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in the form of training, mentoring and shadowing of experienced ecologists.
Essential skills and experience
- At least one full season of survey experience
- Reliable with strong time management
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for wildlife
- A range of survey skills including bat activity & emergence surveys, dormouse surveys and reptile surveys/translocations.
- The ability to work in a team or for longer periods of time alone
- Flexible approach to working hours to accommodate regular evening bat surveys
- Full driving license & car
Desirable skills and experience
- Degree in ecology or a related subject
- Be a member of CIEEM
- Protected species specialism including a survey licence
- QGIS skills
- Habitat contracting experience / tickets for chainsaw/brushcutter
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. Full equality & diversity policy available on request.