Seasonal consultant field ecologist to provide temporary support to the ecology team based from our Cardiff office. Largely site based, ability to travel and drive essential.
For this role you should have a strong combination of the following:
- Relevant degree in ecology or directly related subject
- Proven experience of protected species and or botanical survey experience
- Proficient in Phase 1 Habitat Survey
- Relevant consultancy experience
- Relevant experience connected with major infrastructure schemes
- EcIA experience to CIEEM standard
- Strong report writing skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Participatory experience of statutory environmental assessment procedures
- Must have a driving licence and when required be prepared to work/travel outside working hour
- If you have an EPS license it would be highly desirable.
We require a number of experienced field ecologists to provide temporary support during the field survey season for 2018. We are offering a fixed term roles staring in March 2018.
We are offering opportunities across the UK to work within a team of ecologists undertaking a range of activities, including watching briefs, protected species surveys, mitigations works and reporting. The teams have experience in surveying and evaluating the range of UK habitats, as well as holding licenses to work with protected species.
Our environment team provides a wide range of specialist environmental support to internal and external clients and has an increasing workload. The team is currently looking to expand to meet its current and future commitments within the transportation, water and power sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.