Location: Cambridge or Derby (with travel).
Salary: Dependent on experience (£17k – 19k)
Closing date: June 21st
Prime Environment is a small, family owned Environmental Consultancy with an office in Cambridge and Derby. We provide ecological consultancy to the rail, renewable energy, education, housing, health care and historic buildings sectors. We also provide arboriculture services to some of our clients.
About the Role:
To support our projects over the summer, we are looking to recruit at least one seasonal ecologist. The candidate must have previous experience (one full season or more) working for an ecology consultancy, undertaking a range of field surveys and bat surveys in particular.
This role is likely to be focused on one large infrastructure project in the Midlands where we are undertaking a series of bat surveys throughout the season and until the end of September. You will be expected to be based on site during the week. Travel, hotel and expenses will be paid for. There is an opportunity to extend this through the winter as we are anticipating a clerk of works project to start in October. We are also very likely to take one of our placements on as a permanent member of staff.
Candidates must be positive, assertive, personable and driven. You will be able to present yourself well to others. You will be able to work to deadlines, follow instructions and apply common sense.
Suitable candidates will be qualified to the following:
- BSc. or higher in related subject
- An interest in nature conservation
- A basic knowledge of British flora and fauna
- Experience of bat surveys and basic identification skills from heterodyne or frequency division detectors
- Full UK Driving License (with own car)
- Experience working as a clerk of works highly desirable
- CSCS card and up to date First Aid training highly desirable