Position: Seasonal Assistant Ecologist (casual hours or 6 month contract available)
The role will include surveying for protected species such as great crested newts, bats, reptiles, water voles etc.
Starting wage of £9 per hour (we are a Living Wage employer – meaning we will always pay the true Living Wage)
Who we are:
Greenwillows Associates is a friendly, family-run independent ecological consultancy based near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. We have been running for 17 years.
We conduct a wide variety of protected species, arboricultural and habitat surveys across the East and South-East of England as well as providing practical habitat creation/management services. Our clients range from large utility companies, developers and architects through to schools and individual homeowners.
Why work for us?
- Most of our sites are local and within an hour or so drive from the office – you will hardly ever be required to stay away from home
- We are a small consultancy, so you get a chance to get stuck into all aspects of the business and we are flexible enough to develop the role according to your interests and specialities
- We aim to take TOIL as we go (ideally within a week or so) rather than letting it build up during the survey season to avoid staff burnout
- We prioritise staff welfare and our commitment to nature conservation as our core values whilst balancing this with our duty to our clients
- We have a varied portfolio of clients meaning you will often be working on a number of different projects with very different scopes (not just one big housing development or HS2!)
- We are a dog friendly office 😊
Who we are looking for:
- A background in ecology – either through academic study or practical experience
- A friendly, team player attitude
- A full driving licence and access to their own transport
Find out more:
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in hearing more about, please contact Emma at email@example.com or on 01487 823198.