About Pell Frischmann:
Pell Frischmann is an international multi-disciplinary consultancy with over 90 years of experience in the built environment. We are a unique business whose purpose is to generate sustainable funds to deal with the environmental and social commitments resulting from the closing of Germany’s hard-coal mining industry; so our work directly contributes to environmental protection and preservation for the future.
Our expertise and capabilities cover: Aviation, Buildings, Civil Structures, Highways & Transportation, Land Development, Rail, and Water & Environment.
“Excellence Through Innovation” permeates our company culture. We believe that quality engineering goes beyond simply achieving codified compliance, and we passionately pursue solutions that deliver better results for end-users and the environment.
Main Purpose of the Job
As a result of our growing workload, we are looking for a Senior Ecologist based to oversee and aid project delivery for a range of internal and external clients. Projects range from flood alleviation schemes, road and rail schemes to residential and mixed-use developments. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and can be based out of Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham or Wakefield.
Duties will include general ecological consultancy activities on a variety of projects throughout the UK, with a focus on raising awareness of the ecology services we can offer to in-house projects and external clients in the north-west and into Wales. Once you have settled in we would also look to grow a team around you. The team is based throughout England, maintaining weekly contact and have regular update and support meetings. so that we really do all consider ourselves part of the one overall team.
The right candidate would be an excellent communicator with sound ecological knowledge of legislation, planning and survey design and mitigation, with a solid background in ecological consultancy and the ability to forge positive professional relationships with ecologists and non-ecologists alike. Whilst some working away from home may be required, we are very much advocates of work-life balance and looking after our employee welfare. We therefore closely manage our out of hours surveys with a TOIL system in place to ensure any additional accrued time can be taken back.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As a result of a collaborative and engaging environment you will be responsible for a range of tasks incorporating the following elements, with a goal of progressing your career with us and enabling you to excel within a diverse environment:
· Leading the technical elements of a project as required whilst ensuring high levels of safety, quality and environmental responsibility
· Be responsible for the technical quality of your own and the team’s survey, analysis and reporting in accordance with good practice guidance, ecological legislation and the Pell Frischmann internal quality systems
· Forge positive and professional relationships with in-house staff and external clients
· Project Management as required with good commercial awareness and financial control, ensuring deliverables meet the client’s needs and are provided cost effectively and to an exemplary standard
· Working in conjunction with project stakeholders including clients, and statutory consultees to achieve project aims whilst encouraging a high level of environmental protection
· Monitoring, planning and forecasting utilisation of the ecology team, including contributing to and preparing bids
· Line management and mentoring of individuals within the team
· Engage in business development, client and third-party liaison successfully leading to enhanced reputation, new and repeat work
· Advocating the team’s services internally to our framework managers and technical leads
· Assist with the promotion of the capabilities of the company to current and prospective clients.
Why Pell Frischmann?
Not only are we one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, we also understand a career isn’t just a job. We are part of the Disability confident scheme and ensure we are able to provide equal opportunities for all. You will not be Pigeon-holed with us and you will have a bespoke career path to achieve development through Chartership and beyond!
If that and a competitive salary isn’t enough, we also offer other excellent benefits you can find on the link above!