Thomson Environmental Consultants are experts in environmental compliance. Our specialist teams have been advising our clients across various sectors, on how to achieve their objectives and meet required environmental compliance since 2004. We cover a breadth of specialisms and are always pragmatic with our advice. With offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds and Manchester, our teams provide: ecological advice; undertake surveys and assessments; habitat design and creation; ecological contracting; invasive species management; freshwater and marine consultancy; arboriculture consultancy and contracting; data management and mapping; and marine laboratory services (invertebrates, fish and sediment analyses). We are looking for a full time, permanent Habitats Project Manager to be based in our head office in Guildford. The successful candidate will have flexible working with an office/home-working split based on business needs. You will have experience of working in landscaping, ecological contracting, countryside management or a similar field, with the ability to contribute to the bid and tendering process. In this role you will be managing and delivering various sized complex projects to time and client satisfaction; resourcing and line managing a site team whilst promoting compliance with all company systems and policies.
Successful candidates will:
- be commercial with relevant project management experience, ideally gained within the landscape, environmental, habitat management or ecological sectors.
- be organised with experience of managing large, complex projects.
- be financially adept with the ability to manage and deliver projects on time and to budget.
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office-based staff.
- have experience of developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate additional business opportunities and assist with bid and tender submissions.
- have excellent written communication skills and experience of excel.
- understand H&S legislation.
- be capable of working under pressure with the ability to meet deadlines.
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car.