We are seeking enthusiastic Senior Ecologists and Ecologists to join our busy ecology department at our head office in the East Midlands near Derby and a Senior Ecologist at our South East office in Dorking. With a strong emphasis on Phase 1 habitat and botanical skills, you will have a solid grounding in protected species work.
- Educated to at least degree standard in an ecological/environmental discipline;
- A full driving licence;
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience;
- Have at least 3 years’ relevant experience, including within an ecological consultancy role;
- Good Extended Phase 1 habitat survey skills;
- Some experience of protected species survey and mitigation.
- An experienced project manager;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience, including within an ecological consultancy role;
- Excellent Extended Phase 1 habitat survey skills, ideally with NVC and detailed botanical survey experience;
- Be experienced in protected species survey and mitigation, and have experience of the licensing process;
- Have excellent report writing skills providing clear and concise information, including design of mitigation and habitat management plans;
- Confident in working with and advising a wide variety of individuals from ecological and other disciplines to achieve successful outcomes to projects;
- Experienced in undertaking EcIA and possibly Habitats Regulations Assessment (Senior ecologist);
- A Full / Associate CIEEM Member or eligible to apply;
- Hold an EPS survey licence for GCN, bats or dormice and / or good bird identification skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary;
- 23 days annual leave;
- Regular internal training;
- A good external training / CPD allowance.
FPCR is an independent multidisciplinary consultancy with over 100 staff integrating ecology, masterplanning, landscape design, arboriculture and architecture. We are one of the largest ecological consultancies in the UK with a team of over 60 ecologists. FPCR was recently included by The London Stock Exchange Group in their newly published report identifying 1000 Companies To Inspire Britain 2017.
We work with a wide variety of clients working on small and large-scale projects (including residential, employment, renewable energy, infrastructure and mineral related) as well as working with local planning authorities, Natural England, English Heritage and other bodies on conservation-based projects.
Applications should be made by email, with CV and covering letter, to Daniel Foster (Associate Ecologist) email@example.com
Location: Derby and Dorking