Green Ecology is a mid-sized, privately owned consultancy with an excellent reputation based near Exeter in south Devon. Big enough to offer job security, a team of like-minded individuals and interesting projects, yet small enough to retain flexibility, a non-corporate atmosphere and a fun work place where everyone gets along.
We are looking for an experienced ecologist to join our busy team. This individual would need to be ready to carry out field surveys including Phase one habitat surveys and various protected species surveys, write technical reports and for more experienced applicant’s, provide clients with advice and guidance on technical issues, liaise and negotiate with LPA’s and other statutory consultees, prepare tenders and represent the company at client meetings.
Essential skills and experience
- At least two years consultancy experience
- Proven skills in project management
- Excellent communication skills including report writing and client liaison
- Thorough knowledge of wildlife legislation and the planning system leading to confidence in providing technical advice to clients.
- Full range of survey skills including Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species surveys
- Be a member of CIEEM
- Attention to detail and the ability to deliver contracts on time and to budget
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
- The ability to work in a team or for longer periods of time alone
- Flexible approach to working hours to accommodate seasonality and survey time constraints.
- Full driving license
Desirable skills and experience
- Post graduate qualification in ecology or a related subject
- A full membership with CIEEM
- Experience of writing ES chapters
- Protected species specialism including survey licence & EPSL applications
- QGIS skills
- Habitat contracting experience / tickets
- Arboricultural skills and experience