Do you want to contribute to rewilding and develop the tools and techniques that will help organisations transition from nature protection to nature recovery? Do you have a scientific background in ecology, technical skills in geographic information science and the ability to innovate?
Ecosulis is looking for an accomplished, technically gifted, innovative and pragmatic environmental data scientist to develop and deliver spatial nature planning and monitoring products and services and contribute to the design and development of digital ecology offerings.
Ecosulis specialises in making its clients’ nature restoration ambitions a reality. We do this by delivering habitat design and nature recovery initiatives that leave a positive and lasting legacy. With over 30 years of experience, we offer pioneering, science-based consultancy services, as well as hands-on habitat restoration services.
Duties and accountabilities will include:
- Apply expert knowledge of environmental data science to produce spatial nature products that will evidence and extend the ambition of nature recovery strategies and associated implementation and investment plans.
- Provide technical input on the development of scalable digital ecology products and services and novel approaches to nature recovery.
- Support and develop the Ecosulis nature recovery growth strategy to identify and deliver year on year new business growth, including preparing tending documents, grant applications and providing input on marketing campaigns.
- Prepare and deliver technical publications, conference presentations, online seminars and blogs on key projects and best practice approaches.
- Undertake team supervision and mentoring for data analysis and field-based colleagues as required.
Education, skills and experience required:
- PhD or MSc level qualification in Environmental science, data science, ecology or related discipline with strong quantitative focus of spatial analysis and modelling.
- Expertise in standard GIS software applications.
- Fluency in python and ‘R’.
- Expertise in data management, analysis and visualisation.
- Proven competencies in technical and executive writing.
- With an understanding of:
- Remote sensing and geoinformatics techniques and the ‘leading edge’.
- Ecosystem and ecological function across scales (Desirable).
- Natural capital, ecosystem services and net gain concepts in science and policy (desirable).
Ecosulis can offer you a generous annual leave package with a discounted holiday scheme, health cash plan, contributory pension and Bike2Work scheme. We can offer training and career development and we are committed to our employees’ health & wellbeing.
Location: The role is home-based however you will be required to work at least to work at least two days per week form our office based at the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus.
Start Date: September 2020
Salary: £32k to £38k per annum, dependent on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
A full/clean driving licence and use of own vehicle will be required.
Ecosulis is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To Apply for this role please include CV and cover letter quoting DSept2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The anticipated interview date is Tuesday, 2 October 2020