We are seeking graduates who want to begin their career in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). You will be joining a friendly, established team who have built a strong reputation for delivery of EIA for often complex projects across a range of sectors.
Working as a valued member of our team, you will be equipped with all the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to begin your career in EIA project management and will have the opportunity to work on a range of EIA projects including wind and solar energy developments, electricity transmission infrastructure, urban regeneration, and greenfield developments. LUC also regularly undertakes independent EIA reviews, and you will have a role to play in delivering this.
The role will include:
- Undertaking day-to-day EIA project co-ordination tasks, including liaising with other project team members (both within LUC and external sub-consultants), attending design workshops, meetings and recording/ tracking key project actions whilst working with experienced EIA project managers who will provide you with ongoing support and guidance.
- Drafting text for Scoping Reports, EIA Reports and Environmental Statements (ES).
- Co-ordinating our EIA Report/ ES review work and providing input to review reports.
As part of LUC’s current CSR provision, you will also have the opportunity to take paid time off for volunteering activities of your choice. Our core benefits include 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, life assurance, company pension scheme and a range of other wellbeing benefits.
Involved in all stages of project development from tendering through to completion, the successful candidates will be expected to participate in all aspects of the work carried out. It is expected that, with experience, you will build on your skills and work towards carrying out the full range of responsibilities. LUC will support you in your career development as an EIA practitioner with training and mentoring.
The role includes the opportunity to share and participate actively in the management and ownership of the business through the Employee Ownership Trust, which means the company is owned by the employees.
A full-time role would be based on 37.5 hours Monday to Friday. is committed to supporting flexible working, so we would be happy to discuss a range of flexible working options for these roles, including a hybrid of home and office working, part-time working (minimum 30 hours per week), and core hours, if desired.
This role could be based in any LUC office.
Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 per annum FTE for Bristol, Cardiff, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow, £26,000 – £29,000 per annum FTE for London.
If you have the following qualifications, skills and experience we would like to hear from you:
- We are seeking graduates who are keen to learn and assist with a range of projects.
- You must have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage tasks and time, using your initiative.
- You must have excellent report writing and communication skills.
- You should have the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and clients, and an enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- You should hold a relevant environmental BSc/BA degree in e.g. geography, environmental science / management / consultancy, environmental impact assessment and preferably have a MA/MSc degree in one of these subjects also.
- Ideally you will have student membership of the Institute for Environmental Management and Assessment with a desire to work towards the next level of membership. We can provide you with financial and professional support to help achieve membership.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter, quoting reference: 2021-46 and specifying your preferred location(s) to Maheen Rai, People & Culture Assistant at: HR@landuse.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: 31 January 2022
LUC is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups. We value the differences, needs and contributions a diverse workforce represents, and we strive to embed equality, diversity and inclusion in all our people related activities.